The website looks like a joke: exactly one page describing the process of placing an order and paying for it, without any information about the service whatsoever: all the rest you are supposed to learn from the customer support. One can only wonder why a person who got to this website should be willing to bother so much as to write an e-mail asking for the data that is supposed to be easily available on the website. There are hundreds of services that are infinitely more interested in their clients. One can hardly believe that this site belongs to an actual working writing service – it is, however, so.
As there is nothing similar to price-list or description of the service’s policy in this respect on the website, all the relevant information about prices is to be received from the support. Each task is evaluated individually, the characteristics like perceived difficulty and time until the deadline seem to be the most important factors in determining them. There is, however, no definite system according to which this evaluation is done – or at least it is not revealed to the customer. Generally prices range from $15 to $37 per page.
The customer support is all right, if you take into consideration their situation: they have only e-mail to communicate with the clients, and still they manage to answer most questions almost real-time. Sometimes I got an answer in a matter of minutes.
Quality of writing:
There are no samples on the website.
- Communication with the support is only via e-mail. Your writer can only be contacted via the medium of the support;
- Discounts for large orders and for return customers;
- Revisions are unlimited in time and number unless you change your instructions – in this case a rewriting fee is in order;
- Refunds are not provided under any circumstances;
- UK and US writers are said to be available on request, your choice does not influence the fee;
- You have to pay additional 4-6% transaction fees, the percentage depends on the payment method you choose;
- If the work is not done or you can prove its poor quality, you may get a credit you can use for future order with the service.
A client of ComputerSciencehomeworkHelp should be a very unusual person. I, for one, cannot imagine anyone who wouldn’t be put off by the ridiculously and poorly designed website, by the absence of money back policy, by the fact that you have to get all the information about the service from the customer support, by a hundred other little things that make this service look incompetent, suspicious and cheap in the worst sense of this word.