The site of CheapCustomWritings has almost everything such a site is supposed to have: price-list, price calculator, means of communicating with the service, more or less comprehensive terms and conditions, more or less pleasant design – in other words, nothing to find fault with or to particularly praise for.
CheapCustomWritings has been given its name for a reason – the prices offered by this service are remarkably, even ridiculously low. Starting at mere $8 per page they only rise as high as $41.98 – and it is the price for a PhD level text written within 8 hours. Yet combined with the samples on the website, it doesn’t look all that trustworthy.
You can contact the support via e-mail, chat or by phone. According to the operators themselves they work 24 hours, but it is, frankly speaking, untrue – when I tried to first write to them the chat wasn’t functional and it took them about eight hours to write me an e-mail. When they did, however, most of my questions were immediately answered.
Quality of writing:
There is a great number of samples on the website, which is good for showing you what to expect, but the samples themselves are very far from ideal. Over-simplistic language and structure, phraseological errors and tautology abound in most of them. The academic level of writing always feels mostly the same – hardly higher than High School.
- You can choose the writer’s origin (British, American, Australian or Canadian);
- You can ask for a top-10 writer (+$2/page);
- You can order a summary of your paper ($8);
- You can order additional proofreading (+$2/page);
- Lifetime discounts are applied after you place a certain number of orders: 5% after 3 orders, 7% after 5, 10% after 7, 15% after 12;
- You can communicate with the writer while he works on your assignment;
- Free revisions are available for 30 days after you’ve downloaded your paper;
- Refunds are possible, but the exact conditions are unclear – according to the support, they are going to publish an updated money-back policy two weeks later.
If it weren’t for prices, CheapCustomWritings would have been your average writing service, just like dozens of others. Its rates, however, are rather notable – they are among the lowest I have ever seen. I, however, strongly doubt that in case of writing services it is necessarily a good thing – I can hardly imagine a PhD level writer working for $40 a page – or less, if you take into account that the service must be taking most of this sum.