The website is somewhat minimalistic – there is nothing but completely indispensable things, like price-list, contacts, FAQ and some information about the site. However, although the absence of ever-present filler text is pleasant, it would have been nice to have some more information about the site’s functionality available.
Pricing system is flexible enough, offering reasonable prices for all kinds of jobs, from custom writing to proofreading. Price per page depends on the delivery date and academic level – for example a page of High School assignment to be ready in more than 2 weeks costs $20, and if it is PhD assignment to be ready in less than a day, you have to pay $50. Theoretically it is even possible to place an order for an assignment that is to be done in less than 3 hours, which most services don’t usually accept – to do so, contact the support, they will tell you if it is possible and name the price.
Support is available via chat, e-mail, query form, fax and phone. Chat leaves much to be desired – the first time I contacted them it was said to be online but I waited 15 minutes and nobody got back to me. E-mail doesn’t seem to work at all – there was no answer for hours after I wrote to them. When they are present, however, they tend to give you most of the necessary information.
Quality of writing:
There are no samples on the website, which means no way to check the quality.
- You can ask to assign a specific writer to your case. It, however, does not guarantee that the writer will actually be assigned;
- Revisions are free within 10 business day after you receive the paper;
- You can communicate with your writer via the messaging system on the site. In extreme cases you may ask to assign a writer who accepts phone calls from clients;
- You are entitled to a refund if you get your paper too late or it is plagiarized;
- You can get a one-time discount code from the customer support;
- Discounts based on the total number of pages you’ve ordered: 4% after 25, 8% after 50, 15% after 100.
A usual picture for this line of business: customer support that is absent half the time, suspiciously low prices, site that gives almost no useful information… It is possible to use all the same, but somehow the client doesn’t feel like he is being valued.